Sunday, August 7, 2016

Summer Loving

It is hard to believe we are already a week into August!  We are really enjoying a slower pace and all things summer lately.  This past week we went swimming and Emma took her first dip in the pool. :)  Davey had another T-ball game and we took a family walk to the park.  Probably the biggest highlight for all of us this week is that my brother Jacob spent the weekend with us.  We all love uncle Jacob so much and it was so great to get some one-on-one time with him.  Clara and Davey thought it was so fun to have him sleep over.  We went to The Outdoor Campus for their Outdoor University, made yummy food, went to church, and just hung out.  It was great!

We spent part of last Sunday at the pool!  We have not done enough of that this summer.  I love how Michael is intentional about teaching the kids how to swim and of course just being silly with them, too.  He's such a good daddy!


This boy is going to win some cannonball contests in his day. ;)

We dipped Emma's little legs in the pool for the first time.  She wasn't the biggest fan.  It will be fun to see what she thinks of the water next summer!




dried off and snuggled up :)

Love these two beach babes.



assistant coach Clara ;)

Davey getting ready to bat


I mean, I really can't say how excited I am to watch all of his baseball games over the years.

Coach Daddy

I took this picture of Clara to track how her scar is healing, but I just had to include it in this post because she is such a dolly!  #longlashes

pretty in pink

My sweet baby Emma loves Ocean World and has started to pivot herself and turn on it.  I was folding clothes the other day and looked over and she had fallen asleep while playing. :)  She is so precious!

We walked to the park Thursday evening and of course had to hit up the swings first thing.


This sweet pea was just watching from the stroller.


We walked around the pond at the park and stopped by the willow tree to explore a little.

We could barely keep up with Clara on her bike. :)  She is such a sweet little girl, but in moments like this I see bits of a big girl.  #bittersweet

We did Emma's 3 month pictures two weeks ago, so I'm excited to get those back!  Friday evening was beautiful so we put the kids back into their picture clothes and I snapped a few pictures of them at the park just for fun.  I obviously take a lot of pictures, but 99.9% of the time I just have my camera on auto settings.  I'm always meaning to learn more about my camera and different settings, but I never seem to get around to it.  So, it was fun to put on a lens I don't usually use and play around a little.  I will say though, taking a posed picture of 3 littles is not for the faint of heart.  Photographers earn their keep! ;)

Emma is checking out her dress, but I love this picture of Clara.



Emma is pure joy and sunshine!  All the heart eyes for that headband on her.

yesterday at Outdoor University







eating s'macos (s'mores + tacos)


Uncle Jacob is so fun and very much adored by his nieces and nephews!

decorating t-shirts





my "little" brother


We spent lots of the weekend just hanging out.  Emma just woke up from a nap here and is stretching sooo big.  I mean seriously though, don't you just want to squeeze her?!

I snuck these last two pictures on my phone this afternoon.  Clara was snuggled up with uncle Jake playing Minecraft.


No comments:

Post a Comment