Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday: Memory Lane


I'm joining Andrea today for Show and Tell Tuesday.  Today we're taking a trip down memory lane to talk about our favorite childhood shows, toys, movies, etc.

I'll start with movies.  All I Want for Christmas was a favorite growing up and I still watch it every Christmas at least once.  It just makes me happy.


I also loved the old classic Christmas movies.  Christmas Comes But Once a Year was my very favorite though.

Cinderella has always been my favorite Disney movie.  I loved the book, too and still have the copy from when I was little.

I also remember loving a movie called Serendipity.  My mom got me a copy on VHS for Christmas several years ago as a throwback.  We still have a VHS player in our closet to play such gems.

I adored every movie with the dreamy Jonathan Taylor Thomas in it, haha!  I'm pretty sure at one point I had every line to Man of the House memorized.

The very first thing I thought of when I saw the topic for today was Pretty, Pretty Princess.  It's a jewelry dress up game and I loved it!

I loved playing dress up and was always putting on little performances for everyone.

I loved my little nurse kit!!  This picture is especially sweet to me since I ended up becoming a nurse.

I had lots and lots of barbies!

Does anyone remember Quints?  I loved taking care of those sweet little babes.

I loved Lisa Frank everything!

I'm holding Lil Miss Makeup in this picture and remember adoring her.

Also, I collected trolls...  I've often thought back on what a weird thing that was to collect.  It's funny how trolls have now made a comeback with the movie Trolls.  "I've got this feeling inside my bones..."

Aw!  Polly Pocket!

I also loved those velvet coloring posters.

As far as shows go, I loved watching TGIF.  You know, shows like Full House, Family Matters, and Step by Step.  But my absolute favorite show from this time was Boy Meets World.

Gilmore Girls is another favorite of all time!  Dreams came true when Netflix released A Year in the Life reboot episodes last fall.  Boy Meets World and Gilmore Girls are still two of my all time favorites, only rivaled by Parenthood and most recently This is Us.

I've always loved to read.  These were some of my favorites growing up.  I had to stop myself because I kept thinking of more!  

I still remember how silly Amelia Bedelia cut up a calendar when her recipe called for dates.  LOL



I still have these last two and love reading them to my kids.


Such a fun trip down memory lane!

Happy birthday to my big brother Billy!  Love you!  Looking forward to celebrating with you tonight! :)



SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment