Monday, April 7, 2014

Princess and the Pea

Saturday evening Clara and I went to the Princess and the Pea ballet!  Two of the dancers are friends of mine who I've known since they were toddlers.  They both did amazing and it was so fun to see them dance.

Clara and I were both so excited for our special mommy/daughter date.  I told her about the ballet the day I got our tickets and she asked about a dozen times that day if we could go "right now."  I kept trying to explain that they were still practicing and getting ready.  So over the next two weeks she frequently asked if "the Pea and the Pea" were ready yet.

Our seats were front and center.  Same seats we sat in when Michael and I took her to see The Nutcracker ballet when she was only 11 months old.  Back then she bounced along on my lap the whole time.  This time she tried to stand up and dance along right in front of our seats a few times.  We also discovered that she hasn't perfected the art of whispering as she did commentary the whole way through. :)  She wanted to know the "what's" and "why's" and tell me which costumes she liked.  Thankfully everyone around us thought she was adorable and were very gracious.

The second half of the show was called "Chaos at the Caberet."  As we were waiting for it to start during intermission Clara excitedly said, "I've never been to the Caberet!"  We loved all the dances but unfortunately the "chaos" part of the show involved someone in a black hooded shawl taking one of the dancers off the stage at the end of each number.  Clara was pretty scared of the "witch" and clung to me the whole time.  Thankfully at the end they showed that the hooded character was just a boy and she understood that it was just pretend.  I was a little nervous that the "witch" was all she would remember from the night, but she has already asked to go back to the ballet several times. :)

Daddy and Davey surprised us with flowers for our big night.  Love our boys!

We got to the Orpheum Theater plenty early so we went exploring.  She loved being up in the balcony.

She wanted popcorn and water during intermission.

The Chases :)

We had to get a picture with the beautiful dancers, Shannon & Christina!

No comments:

Post a Comment