Sunday, January 17, 2016

Kitty & Puppy

Halloween 2015

The CUTEST kitty and puppy around!

David has never shown much interest in picking out a costume, so I've just matched him to whatever Clara chooses every year.  I'm guessing that's not going to last much longer, but it's been adorable while it has.

Mickey & Minnie 2014

Cinderella & Gus Gus 2013

Butterfly & Cocoon 2012

Ballerina 2011

Ready for some fun!

We attended a local church's carnival for the 2nd year in a row.












watching the puppet show

I absolutely love little ones dressed up in sweet costumes and we've had fun at church festivals each year, but beyond that I'm not a huge fan of Halloween.  It gets dark and creepy really fast and I just don't enjoy celebrating any of that.  I've not been interested in taking the kids trick or treating for a few reasons.  For one, we teach them not to take candy from strangers, but then on Halloween we say it's ok?  Also, you can't control how each house will be decorated or if the person that answers the door will be dressed in a scary costume.  Well this year, Clara started showing some interest in trick or treating, so we called our relatives and people we thought would be home to trick or treat there, but not one of them was home, so we decided to do just one block.  It started off great and the kids were so cute saying, "trick or treat," but half a dozen houses in some sort of creeper answered the door and it ended our night in tears. :(  Should have stuck to my original plan...



The kids checked out crayfish at Classical Conversations this week.



Clara's class

Davey loves playing baby dolls with his sister.  He has one under his shirt here. :)

Our life group helped out at Kids Against Hunger one night.  We had so much fun together talking and packing boxes of food.  I'd definitely recommend getting some friends together and doing this.

My 31st birthday was November 4th.  I woke up to breakfast in bed and sweet handmade cards. :)

We took the kids to Inside Out at the theater!

Clara and I went shopping at the mall while Davey napped in the car with Michael.  I finally got a pair of tall boots!  And bonus, they are grey AND comfy!

Then we went out to eat at Olive Garden. :)



The next day we visited my Grandma.  The kids love playing her old games.  Anyone remember KerPlunk?


Of course we played Golf.

I love this picture of my grandma, mom and daughter, all dressed in pink! :)

That night I got to go to a spa for a massage for my birthday gift from Michael.  The best!

No comments:

Post a Comment