Thursday, February 23, 2017

Carpool Book Club {02/23/17}


Happy Thursday!  Today I'm joining Narci to talk about the books we've read this month.  My Goodreads account is full of books I want to read, so I'm glad I can check two of them off.

I told you guys how I gave Audible a try for the first time last month.  Well, we've had The Total Money Makeover sitting on our bookshelf for over a year now, so I decided to go ahead and just listen to it.  I listen to Davey Ramsey's podcast sometimes and actually really enjoy it.  His advice is always spot on and he's pretty funny as well.  Between a previous book of his I read, Financial Peace, going through Financial Peace University, and listening to his podcasts on and off for a few years, there wasn't a lot that I hadn't heard him say before.  However, it's always motivating to listen to him as we work to reach our financial goals.  Michael is listening to this book now as well.

My brother Billy got me Nicholas Sparks' new book Two By Two for Christmas.  I have read all of his books and was excited to finally get started on his latest.  It usually doesn't take me long to get sucked in to the point where I can barely put his books down.  For this book though, I was almost a third of the way through before I started feeling like that.  It's a fairly long book (almost 500 pages), and there were a few times where I felt like the storyline was moving along rather slowly.  That being said, I still really liked it overall and am a bit sad to be finished with it.  Also, the last several chapters are not what I predicted them to be largely about as I was reading the first part of the book!

Have a great day everyone!
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment