Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blessed

I'm so happy to be caught up to real time on my family blog.  It was fun looking back through pictures of the past 3+ years since Michael and I became parents.  Children bring so much JOY!  We just love our little Clara and Davey.

Of course the past 3 years hasn't all been perfect and fun.  What I highlighted in pictures has been all the good stuff, the stuff I want to remember.  But there has been a lot of hurt and struggle and things that are out of my control that I wish would have been / could be different.  Those things have really weighed me down and have consumed way too much of my thoughts and energy.  Lately, as I have been really wanting to grow in my faith and relationship with Jesus, I have been realizing that I have more control than I thought.  I have the choice to take my thoughts captive and to give them to God.  In other words, when I find myself dwelling on an injustice or a painful experience, I am working on taking those thoughts and letting them go into Jesus' hands and focusing on Him.  I am just a big mess myself and need Him constantly.  Constantly.  The more I seek Him, the more I realize my ever present need for His strength, His love, His guidance, His grace... everything.  Does it make those hurtful things go away?  No, it doesn't.  But it does remind me that I don't need those things to be better.  I just need Him.  I am also reminded that I am so blessed.  Truly, truly blessed.  I have a loving husband, the two most amazing children, so many wonderful friends and family members, and most important of all, I have Jesus.  God sent his only Son to die for the sins of the world, including mine, including yours, so that we can have a relationship with Him.  It's pretty incredible.

So while I want to keep it real and not pretend like my life is perfect (far from it), I want this blog to focus on "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy…" (Philippians 4:8).



No comments:

Post a Comment