Friday, July 28, 2017

Carpool Book Club {July 2017}


It's time for Carpool Book Club!  I'm joining Narci to talk about books we read in July.  I read two books this month, one non-fiction and one fiction.

I loved Shauna Shanks' first ever book entitled A Fierce Love: One Woman's Courageous Journey to Save Her Marriage.  I read it in less than 48 hours while we were camping and it was such a gift.  We didn't getting any cell phone service from our cabin and it was actually really refreshing.  At least one of my kiddos also slept in super late the first two mornings, so I had lots of time just to read.  This book was profound for me and really encouraged and challenged me as I grow in my relationship with the Lord.  While the author shared the story of her marriage, this book was more about her relationship with God.  I highlighted my book right up with words that hit home as well as so much wisdom and scripture I want to remember.  I especially like the idea of loving others through the lens of 1 Corinthians 13, which Shanks coined the love filter.  This was the July book for The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey summer book club.  I've loved being a part of this fun group.

The Identicals is my fourth Elin Hilderbrand book.  I've also read her Winter Street trilogy, which I loved.  This book is a light summer read set in Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard about estranged identical twin sisters who switch islands because of family circumstances.  The characters were easy to love and I was rooting for their relationships throughout.  I would love to visit these islands someday.  They sound so quaint, beautiful and romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment