Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Night Before Christmas

My brother Billy and his wife Heather dropped off a Christmas Eve box for my littles for the second year in a row.  It was so incredibly thoughtful and generous of them, not to mention so much fun.

They got pajamas, a Christmas movie, popcorn and hot chocolate.  We love cozy pajamas and Christmas movies!  Thanks again Billy and Heather!

On Christmas Eve we have a tradition of making a meal out of appetizers.  This year we had a veggie tray, meat, cheese, crackers, two kinds of chicken wings, and bacon wrapped smokies.

I love the atmosphere a lit tree creates in the evening.


Michael read the kids The Night Before Christmas and we read the Christmas story from the Jesus Story Book Bible as well.

Clara, Davey, and I decorated a gingerbread house.  I kept having to remind them not to eat all of the decorations. 😊  They love doing this.




Clara and Davey each decorated a special cookie for Santa.  Notice in the top left of this picture we had the fire going on our TV.  I can hardly wait for that to be a real fireplace someday!  That will be one of our top must haves when looking for a house.  A Christmas tree AND a fireplace... I will be in heaven!


After we got our sweeties tucked in bed, Michael and I got all of the presents and stockings positioned around the tree and ready for morning.  I love making Christmas morning magical and full of joy and love.  It's one of my favorite days of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment